Newport Residents Association
Home / Documents
t should be noted here, that on 27 November 2014, a motion was carried that the Newport Residents Association wishes to remind
Pittwater Council that the northern end of Newport Beach comprises:
• A reserve dedicated to Eric Green’s vision of preserving Pittwater’s unique natural
• A wildlife corridor leading to the sanctuary on South Bilgola headland.
• A sensitive dune system undergoing re-vegetation.
• A section of the Bi-centennial Coastal Walkway used by international visitors as well
as local Pittwater residents and other Australian visitors.
• A very recently installed, semi-permanent, Beach Volley Ball net. As this is very likely
to be used pre and post school or work, throughout the year, there is real potential for
conflict between unleashed dogs and the Volley Ball players.
Taking into consideration the above, the Newport Residents Association does not believe that the Northern end of Newport Beach ia suitable for an off-leash dog area
Notify me by email when the comment gets approved.