The Newport Residents Association Incorporated is an organisation of residents and/or ratepayers of Pittwater Council Area whose concerns are the welfare and advancement of the Pittwater Council Area, in general and Newport in particular. Membership of the Association is open to residents and/or ratepayers of Newport and adjacent areas and to community organisations considered supportive of the aims and objectives of the Association.
- To provide a forum for all interested residents, ratepayers and resident groups in the Pittwater Council area and particularly in the Newport area.
- To represent the interests of ratepayers and residents on local issues at all levels of government but particularly at the local government level.
- To work for responsible planning, environmental protection and the enhancement of the environment of the Pittwater Council area.
- To achieve community awareness and involvement in Council’s decision-making processes and planning.
- To take any other action not elsewhere included to further the interests of the Newport Residents Association Incorporated and its members.
3rd Tuesday of each month at 7.00 pm at the Newport Community Centre (The Boulevarde Newport).
- Representation on all 4 PWC Community Reference Groups.
- Participation in the Mayor’s Resident Association Design (RAD) Workshops.
- Making detailed written and verbal submissions on the inappropriate development proposal for the ‘Old Caltex Site”.
- Objecting to the proposal to extend the trading hours of 7/Eleven Service Station which was the meeting place for after hours youth inappropriate behaviour matters.
- Arranging for the newly appointed Police Superintendent (Dave Darcy) of the expanded Northern Beaches LAC to address and hear from residents at one of our regular meetings.
- Monitoring the situation on the 5 year old matter of the proposal fro the Woolworths/Foamcrest Ave car park.
- Inviting representatives of NSW Health Infrastructure to present to and answer questions relating to Frenchs Forest and Mona Vale Hospitals at our June meeting.
- Supporting and/or leading community involvement in critical matters such as establishing a heritage register, footpaths & traffic, parking, intersections, foreshore building alignment, use/development of parkland, community gardens, bus zones & shelters, air quality.